Before I took this course I didn’t even know what a PLN was. I didn’t realise the importance of the connections we make both in our personal and professional life. For the final project my group made a comic strip that highlighted the use of different social media platforms to build one’s PLN. I was responsible for highlighting how TikTok can be used by a young entrepreneur to build and expand their business.

Through this course I learnt about the impact of a diverse and a positive PLN. The various interviews helped me realise how crucial it is to build a good PLN. I learnt that I too am an educator. I have realised that not everyone has the same beliefs as me, and being mindful when navigating hate and negative comments online is very important.

After completing this course, I am motivated to improve the ways in which I use my social media platforms. Through the final project I learnt different ways in which i can use social media platforms. I am more focused on reaching out to people who also have similar interests, and similar career paths. I believe through reaching out and expanding my PLN I would be able to be more confident about myself. I am also more comfortable in regards to reaching out to people.